- The weather was a steady and mild -10 the whole time.
- The cousins are still cute (but they're growing quickly! Nicholas' voice started changing last month and he'll be taller than me next time I see him!).
- I successfully learned to cast on and started knitting again after a 22 year hiatus... I finished one scarf and a half, but need to learn how to cast off and finish it!
- The boxing day shopping was good.
- The trip to see my great grandfather's laundry shop preserved at the Western Museum of development was cool.
What was difficult or weird:
- My sister was not able to come and join us.
- My expectations for hibernation and cave holiday time flew out the window early on and let's just say, the quiet didn't happen.
- While my body rested well and I slept lots, my mind and spirit were restless. I think it's just been such a snowball-down-the-hill paced year that I didn't know how to just be still.
- My trip ended on a sour note with some relational conflict that took me some recovery time to move on.
After all that and some cramped full flights all the way back, it was really good to come back to Vancouver and realize that this is home now. For the first time since I left my parents' home 12 years ago, I think I'm finally sinking some roots down and not wanting to run away somewhere new. That realization alone is a gift I am thankful for.